Saturday, September 24, 2005

evac, continued

well, it turns out my extended family didn't really need to evacuate from the corpus christi area. my grandmother did make it safely to camp wood, and i think R&S near schulenburg are probably just getting rain. my parents, on the other hand... i'm worried about them. can't really sleep, knowing that my dad went to work tonight and will be driving home this morning right about the time the rain will be getting to their area. i've become quite mesmerized by watching the coverage. sometimes watching too much coverage is a bad idea, emotionally, but then again, knowledge is power, right? a couple of hours ago, cnn talked to the mayor of nacogdoches, who said that it was still clear there, which made me feel better about my dad's drive home, since he works an hour north of there. this is probably a minor concern, this drive, compared to the wind and flooding they're sure to get over the next few days, but it's weighing on me right now.