Thursday, September 15, 2005

boots approacheth

this fall-like weather is well timed. maybe it's ophelia, that bitch, but i'll take what i can get. emotionally, i'm jumbled, messy, a danger to myself (no, not like that, put down the phone), and no good to anyone else. physically, i'm feeling october. fall for me is like summer for a lot of women. for them, summer is the time to show off, to wear strappy tank tops and tiny shorts, to flaunt it. i get that feeling as soon as the weather turns cool, when i get to break out all my boots, slip on some tights or fishnets, buy a bunch of new short skirts. monday i cut my hair & went back to red for the first time in several years, & even tried my hand at highlights. (it was my first time. the good news? no zebra stripes. the bad? not so much with the highlights. better luck with the touch up, i guess.) the risk this year is falling into the all dressed up & nowhere to go trap. the plan to avoid that is to keep up with the "work all september, travel all october" theory, though that's been moved back to "october after my hearing on the 7th." (the classic car rally isn't realistic, financially, plus i haven't suceeded in finding a mechanic. anyone available?) my lawyer swore the hearing wouldn't be later than september... eh, nothing to be done about it. bright side: one more week to make money. flip side: the travel adjustments will probably cost as much as i'll make that week, since i'll likely now have to fly into corpus and out of shreveport. i guess as long as the pros and cons keep balancing out, i can't complain too much.

(yes i can. this will not fly.)

just realized that if my texas trip works as planned, i'll be there during the division series games and the beginning of the AL/NLCS. con: there's no drinking for me in texas, usually, and beer+baseball=4. pro: i'll get to watch them with my dad.