Wednesday, August 31, 2005

boys

one of the most appealing things about my real estate gig, when i first accepted it, was the idea of working from home. yes, there's the working-in-PJs aspect, and the (usually) flexible sleep schedule, but i also imagined that i would have more time to write. even if the workload was equal to that of a restaurant job, at least i would be at (or have access to) my computer during the inevitable down time. i quite simply have not taken advantage of this. it's partly because the real estate has not morphed into a full time job, of course, so i am still working at the cafe, but most of this entire summer was spent working only occasionally at the cafe, and as such, i should have dozens of pages written. and i do not. i keep saying i'l do nanowrimo, and i keep not doing it... but i've got to do something, and it needs to be something fun, to increase the odds of me finishing it. it also needs to have some structure, to make it easier for me to keep at it. no, i shouldn't have to tailor everything to be easy, but the fact is, I'M NOT WRITING, and i need to.

hence, my new project. i am writing a history of my boys. not just sexual conquests, but every boy i can remember. i've started in chronological order, though i'm sure i won't be able to keep that intact, and i'm skipping the "important" ones until i get warmed up. (so don't be offended if i skip or gloss over any of you, dears.) i'll be posting pieces of this history book as i write it. just for kicks, i might even use that cool wordmeter, and set my sights on 50,000 words. i'm not pretending it's nano, just setting a goal. i need to do more of that in my life.

Comments on "boys"

 

Blogger AK said ... (8/31/2005 8:12 PM) : 

You could use my target which is to try and write at least 1000 words a day, even if rubbish.

 

Blogger Q said ... (9/01/2005 10:12 PM) : 

i like it! so that puts me on track to have 50,000 words on my boys by... hm, october 20th(-ish). somebody hold me to that, please!

 

post a comment