Thursday, September 08, 2005

whoa, nelly!

after failing to get my blog to load this evening, i shrugged & moved on to catching up on curbed posts. double-takes ensued. remember back in the pre-digital days, when you'd sometimes get a roll of film back and find two pictures developed on top of one another? i assumed my browser had a similar meltdown, because there i was on curbed. huh? exciting, sure, but a little blush-worthy, here on the official billboard of the world directly under my nose. nice to be mentioned in the same sentence as stephanie klein during my 0.5 seconds of blog notice, to be sure, even if it's drowning in sarcastic syrup.

for what it's worth, my "indeterminate" real estate job is as a research assistant for a boutique manhattan agency which shall remain nameless. i followed the parade and sat on the filthy ground at 5am to take the licensing exam with everyone else (and yes, i passed), but i'm a laid-back southern gal at heart. i prefer to sit on my balcony and watch yon bubble from down here.

Comments on "whoa, nelly!"

 

Blogger Q said ... (9/09/2005 10:03 PM) : 

it was absolutely a complete shock. i really did think my outdated version of firefox was acting up again! my first instinct was to delete my blog part & parcel, (because as a regular curbed reader, i took it as snarky & mean), but i was so stunned i couldn't even find the instructions to do so. (i'm glad i didn't, of course.)

now that i've had time to think about it (and make sure my boss & colleagues didn't see it and think i was miserable with my job, which i am not), i agree: sarcasm or no, it's a damn cool piece of random luck.

i do wish i'd gotten to a point first where i was putting real writing up hereabouts instead of just whining... but hey, its motivation in a forward direction, which is always welcome in my world.

 

post a comment