Sunday, June 24, 2007

smartypants

this week, the NYT tells of a study which reinforces that i'm smarter than my kid brother. none of our high school teachers would argue: he was one of those unfortunate 2nd kids with a memorable last name who got the "wow, you're nothing like your smart big sis" comments... as it happened, i sorta cared about my grades & transcripts (thought they would get me scholarships & help me get the fuck out of dodge) and he didn't. so yeah, i went to a top-rated college (and dropped out, and went back elsewhere, and dropped out again: lather, rinse, repeat) and frankly, the classes i'm taking right now? my brother could teach them in his sleep.

real-world facts: my brother not only makes more money than i do, but he's also my personal help desk-- if he can't fix it over the phone, i've been known to drive a laptop 90 miles to have him diagnose it. # of times in the last decade that i've called him for help of any variety? a zillion. number of times in that same decade he's asked me for help re the intelligent topics i'm so good at, with my supposedly higher IQ? zero.

who's smarter now?

Comments on "smartypants"

 

post a comment