Thursday, February 15, 2007

back to the beach?

in an effort to open my mind up & relieve stress about recent events, i've given myself permission to seriously think about leaving richmond. swore i'd finish the BA first, but it's been, what, five years since i took a class there? (seems impossible, but facts are sometimes hard to ignore, even for me.) moving back to the beach is tempting-- IT degree work will mostly transfer to TCC, and i'd still be close enough to commute whenever i can afford to go back to VCU (i've done that commute before, after all). and more importantly, i have friends there. and i do miss the water. poked around about summer resort jobs, thinking i could put all my stuff in storage and go on another crazy summer adventure, but that's unlikely-- i frankly don't have the balls to do that without money in the bank (or imaginary $ like last time), and i'd need a place that would have internet access to keep the RE job, which eliminates the places that look the most fun. (plus, those jobs pay nearly nothing-- i'd be lucky to cover furniture storage & my cell phone bill & student loan payment, much less come back with anything.) mostly just trying to free up my mind, not feel trapped. giving myself til mid-march to get anywhere close to deciding.

in the meantime, the schedule at the cafe is tight as a drum, and i'm still broke as a joke (seem to have bought a car-- more on that later), so it's time to find another job. grr... i'm supposed to be updating my resume right now. off i go.

Comments on "back to the beach?"

 

post a comment