Thursday, August 11, 2005

bienvenidos a miami

you know you're in a wacked emotional state when you glean life wisdom from an episode of "roseanne..."

but, whoa, that was LAST night; more on that another time. right now, i am procrastinating from sleeping and packing for my trip to MIAMI! actually, i'm flying into ft lauderdale, staying in hollywood, halfway between the two, but doesn't MIAMI sound more glamorous?? i'll go with images of scantily clad MTV women heralding my arrival by dancing their little sexy-dances in the airport and singing that silly will smith song (but only the spanish part). assuming i wake up in time for my (3:30 pm!) flight, that's where i'll be for the next week. (you two who are reading this and have my #, feel free to gift me with a wakeup call, anytime noon-ish. thanks!) ee is planning lots of fun for us, including hanging out at her favorite, um, juice bar... huh? apparently it's chock fulla hot boys, so i'll wait til i see it to pass judgement. she swears the owner, who is also her neighbor, looks just like that tasty cubano i was running around with a few years ago... (tho, she says, a little less like lenny k and a little more like ziggy marley. which in turn revealed her plan to date lenny, who happens to be purportedly trying to buy the duke seman mansion in NYC, so maybe i can use my real estate connections to track him down for her... imagine the foxy hand-me-downs i could get from being lenny's girlfriend's wing-woman! almost as good as the commission someone's gonna get if they broker that deal... okay, maybe not THAT good...)

and, turns out she's been dying to learn to shoot, & got a big kick out of my tale of trying to do the same, every year for the last half-dozen, for my birthday, only to find that i was dating or otherwise involved with FELONS, each and every year. wtf?!? so, we'll go together. in MIAMI, dammit. i'll be sure and bring a camera, so i can post pics of my as-expected, bond-girl, marks-woman-ship prowess. those few of you who remember our "thelma & louise" reputation from years past might appreciate the humor. to the other two of you reading: eh, ask me later.

meanwhile, in biker boy obsession news, turns out he's in key west this week, for some stripper party, and it seems my email suggesting he stop off in "miami" on his way back north, arrived after he'd already headed south. this means i'll likely miss my annual visit from him, as this week coincides with his daughter's week at camp, & she'll be back before i get home. just like my week in chicago, this time last summer. i guess it's just not destined. alas. (reality update: i did in fact realize that long ago, and still i enjoy the fantasy. so sue me. and, truth be told, i still want another chance to show that the quiet-for-roomie sex we had, as well as the later he-didn't-want-to-wrap-it-up-so-i-couldn't-really-relax sex, was nowhere near the best i've got to give. is that so wrong, to want to be remembered at my full, mind-blowing potential? i didn't think so.)

and, if i don't spend all my money on ammunition, i'll look for some horses to ride nearby, and maybe update that three year old picture up there. i still have that great posture, natch, but i lost that hat in new orleans. for shame.

"...and in the morning you can tell me your dreams..."

Comments on "bienvenidos a miami"

 

Blogger Action Randall said ... (8/11/2005 10:06 AM) : 

Have a great time!

The weird thing is...
In three weeks I'm taking a bike trip to Key West with a friend of mine.
Must be the place to be.

 

Blogger Q said ... (8/13/2005 4:56 AM) : 

if i had a harley, i would consider myself a bad bike-owner if i did not ride it to the keys at least once, no matter what any silly girls back in VA thought about it. so: happy trails!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/20/2005 4:20 AM) : 

I love your site.

I can help people who plan to move to San Diego save $5,000 to $25,000 on the purchase of their next home by negotiating with the seller. other real estate other real estate

Come and check my website out if you get time :-)

 

post a comment