Monday, August 01, 2005

current tv

sunday after midnight i found myself, very briefly, in a housing project that i'd heard of (on the more dismal portions of the news) but never knew the location of. i have no commentary on this odd fact just yet. instead, some fluff...

i had finally learned where all my favorite channels were a few months ago, then i spent that month in new york, and re-learned the same ones up there on TWC. got home, confused, re-learned the originals, and now comcast decides they need to change the lineup. now i can't find my 3 am murphy brown episode... or maybe it's not on on sundays. who knows. i'm sure i can find something equally mindless...

but looky! i get current tv! i've been following their progress in the press a bit halfheartedly, not at all expecting it would be carried here. i know it isn't geared toward my demographic, but i've been thinking of several people i know who i can imagine getting aired on it, based only on what i've read about it thus far. now that it's actually on, i'll see if those imaginings are accurate, and if so, i'll start badgering those people to get involved. i'm a tad worried that it might be way too fluffy. we'll see.

hey, here now's a "sketch" (i'm sure they have a better term for what they do) about egg donation! dammit! ... oh. they're called pods. sure. and now here's one about X parties in iran. (yes, that kind of X.)

Comments on "current tv"

 

Blogger Agent 31 said ... (8/01/2005 3:08 PM) : 

I can never properly express exactly how angry I am about the channels changing here in Richmond. Never. Actually? I'll try.

1.) If I fall asleep on the couch, I sleep listening to ESPN because sports stats soothe me. Well, the night they made the change, I was jarred awake by the sounds of talking heads fighting each other on Fox News. Not a good feeling.

2.) I've had to re-program my DVR to record all of my shows. (I know this is petty, but, hey, I'm spoiled.)

3.) Now, when flipping through channels to find something to watch with my wife, I don't know the channels by heart, so I can't just instantly skip over things like Lifetime network. She gets a glimpse of Nancy McKeon and tells me to wait. Now, I'm watching a movie about domestic abuse on Lifetime. Again.

To summarize, I'm inconvenienced to the point of annoyance.

 

Blogger Q said ... (8/02/2005 2:47 AM) : 

funny to hear from you tonight, as i meant to email you before work... in a previous life (haha) i was, for a moment, a gal who put up wish lists pretending to be someone else, and this fact made me notice, and want to warn you in case you didn't already know, that your baby registry shows your (presumably) real last name. so, if you didn't already know that, now you do. so there.
now i must return to throwing things, because after family guy, and then a long smoke pause, i was just forced to watch an episode of gilmore girls, which of course was produced solely to make me illogically angry at the boy who is currently sleeping in my bed, who, according to that show, is SO not good enough for me, because he did not burst into my lit class at yale and declare his love for me over the protestations of my professor. perhaps if there'd been more than 4 baseball games on today, or if the raffy news had been actual news, and if there weren't a rerun of an earlier ballgame on espn instead of--
oh wait, is that phillip baker hall on an episode of cheers?? holy crap! he looks so young!!

ps-- if nancy mckeon shows up on this ep of cheers, -- whoa! there's roz! who knew she was even alive before frasier!! wtf?!?!?
--- (...?!? ...brain freeze. but if re nancy: watch for me, i'll be the "girl gone postal who doesn't even work at the post office and didn't previously own a gun but had no trouble buying one at 4 am off the guy who was trying to break into her upstairs neighbors' apartment, how convenient was that??" on the news. not that you'll see it, because allah only knows what channel the local news is on these days...)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/21/2007 5:32 AM) : 

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/24/2007 4:00 PM) : 

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

 

post a comment